Become an IPS Member
To become a member, you must create a username and password on this site by registering here. Once you have verified your email, please come back to this page to pay the membership fee.
Membership Categories and Descriptions (membership fees are due annually):
- Full/General Membership: $150. Any member who is studying, teaching, practicing, regulating or is interested in learning more about phytotechnologies. Includes on-line access to International Journal of Phytoremediation and reduced registration rate at conferences.
- Student Membership: $50. Any undergraduate or graduate student who is studying to have a career in phytotechnology or a related field. Includes only reduced registration rate at conferences.
- Emeritus Membership: $75. Any member who has retired from the field of phytotechnologies but has been judged by the Board of Directors to have knowledge and experience that is invaluable to the development of phytotechnologies. Includes on-line access to International Journal of Phytoremediation and reduced registration rate at conferences.
- Discounted Membership: $75. Any member judged by the Board of Directors to meet the criteria (described below) for discounted membership. Includes on-line access to International Journal of Phytoremediation and reduced registration rate at conferences.
Discounted Membership Criteria:
- To be eligible for the Discounted Membership rate, the applicant must reside, as their predominant residence, in a country listed that year in one of the three columns headed “Least Developed Countries”, “Other Low-Income Countries”, or “Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories” on the DAC List of ODA Recipients, listed here.
- The DAC List of ODA Recipients is updated annually. If a country is promoted from the three categories listed in #1 above, the Discounted Membership rate will not be applicable upon the next annual renewal by members residing in that country. Subsequent discounts will only be applicable if the country re-enters the categories defined in #1 above.
- Discounted Membership, based on the categories defined in #1 above, will include full on-line access to the International Journal of Phytoremediation for as long as the membership remains valid.
- Student Membership rates are not eligible for this discount, even if the recipient resides in a country defined in #1 above.
- In exception to #1-#4, the IPS Board of Directors reserves the right to award the Discounted Membership rate to any applicant judged to be in a situation where the cost of membership would be prohibitive.
Need help with your membership? Contact email@example.com for more information.